Nothing is more indulgent than these three layers of chocolate and hazelnut. Grab a Ferrero No Share Blend and whip up some delicious Hazelnut Praline Bars in a heart beat. Seriously, Your tastebuds will thank you.
20 Minutes + Setting time 4 hours
Makes 14 Slices
For the Base
- 1 Packet of our Ferrero No Share Protein Ball Blend
- 3 Tablespoons of Rice Malt Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons of Boiling Water
For the Hazelnut Praline Filling
- 1 3/4 cup hazelnuts (275g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup medjool dates, packed (105 g pitted)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Chocolate Topping
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (100g) chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 160°C. Put the hazelnuts on a baking tray and roast for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Give the tray a good shake half way through. Transfer the hazelnuts to a clean tea towel, folding up the sides. Prepare a small loaf pan with baking paper.
- Boil the kettle and rehydrate the Medjool dates by pitting them, then adding them to a heatproof bowl and covering them in boiling water.
- Follow the instructions on the back of our Ferrero No Share blend, once complete press all of the mixture into the bottom of the lined loaf pan and flatten, then set the tray aside in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Next, use the tea towel to rub the hazelnuts together to remove their skins. When most are removed, Remove 1/4 cup of whole hazelnuts and set aside. Then, add a seperate 1/4 cup to a clean food processor. Pulse until roughly chopped, then set aside in a clean bowl.
- To prepare the hazelnut praline filling add the remaining 1 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts to the food processor with the coconut oil. Process until it forms a smooth nut butter, scrape down the sides of the processor as required. Drain the water from the dates then add the dates, vanilla extract and salt and process until the mixture becomes a paste. Transfer to a bowl, then fold in the 1/4 cup chopped nuts you prepared earlier. Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and pour the filling over the base. Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to press the filling down firmly. Transfer to fridge.
- Melt the chocolate topping in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan, add the coconut oil and whisk together until smooth. Pour on top of the hazelnut praline filling. Give the remaining 1/4 cup whole hazelnuts a rough chop, then sprinkle on top of the melted chocolate. Refrigerate the pan until chocolate layer has set (approximately 3-4 hours). Remove and slice into 7 large bars, or 14 smaller bars.